UPDATED MARCH 2021
These are current measures and will be updated frequently as the Covid 19 situation continues.
Harmony Voyages works very closely with Amadeus River Cruises to establish exciting itineraries along some of Europe’s most beautiful river and we can assure you that a wonderful time is guaranteed on board even during these challenging times.
The well-being and safety of all guests, crew members and employees remain our highest priority and with that in mind an enhanced Health and Safety concept has been developed. This concept enhances the already very high safety standards aboard Amadeus river cruise ships even further and, as we follow current developments and recommendations closely, they will be adapted on an ongoing basis.
- Operational procedures on board have been arranged to ensure a minimum distance of 1.50 metres between each person.
- Passengers are required to wear face masks (covering mouth and nose) in public areas onboard if the required minimum distance is not possible.
- The crew will forego usual welcome rituals such as shaking hands, etc. until further notice.
Updates and changes regarding requirements will be continuously taken into consideration.
Everyone will receive a Health Questionnaire before the start of each cruise, which will need to be completed and certified by all Passengers and Tour Leaders without exception. This ensures that only Passengers who meet the requirements outlined in the questionnaire will start their cruise with us. The Health Questionnaires will be collected by a crew member before embarkation.
It is our goal, in cooperation with our Partners and within the measures available to us, to safeguard and protect our Passengers and Crew from a possible infection.
- The cruise line reserves the right to deny boarding and exclude certain Passengers from taking part in a cruise if their participation would result in a conflict with operational safety.
- Passengers will be asked about their wellbeing and health regularly during the cruise
- All Crew members receive a medical examination before they come on board.
- All Crew members can work on board only if they test negative for Covid-19 and if the test is not older than 4 days.
- Continuous health checks and body temperature measurements will be administered for the crew while working on board.
- All Crew will be provided with an adequate amount of protective personal equipment such as face masks/face shields, disposable gloves, etc. and will receive detailed instructions on how to use this equipment effectively.
Check – In
- Access to the cruise ship will be controlled by a crew member positioned at the entrance of the vessel.
- All Passengers must pass a contactless body temperature check before embarkation. Passengers with a body temperature of 37.5° degrees or higher will be denied boarding.
- All luggage handles will be disinfected in front of the ship before being delivered to the cabins by the Crew.
- All Passengers and Crew are required to disinfect their hands each time prior to boarding the ship.
- Proper social distancing between passengers at check in at the reception desk will be observed.
- In all cases, additional rules and regulations of the local port authorities will be observed.
Hygiene on board
In comparison to other establishments on land, the river cruise industry developed proven hygiene standards already many years ago and these continue to remain valid. In addition to the measurements already in place, cleaning intervals for surfaces that are known as transmission platforms such as door handles, railings, gangways, keyboards, etc. will be increased.
Hand sanitising points will be installed in all areas on the ship with heightened passenger traffic (entrance, lobby, restaurant, Panorama-Bar, Amadeus-Club, sun deck and entrance and exit of crew areas). All cleaning and disinfecting products used on board have been specially rated by the individual manufacturers as being effective for the successful disinfection of coronaviruses.
- An adequate supply of personal protective equipment such as face masks are available on board. However, we will be encouraging all passengers to bring their own face masks.
- For cleaning and disinfection on board the current valid guidelines of the “EU Healthy Gateway” will apply.
- The air conditioning system is designed to discharge air to the outside of the vessel which prevents a re-circulation of air within the vessel. Additional technical measures and filter systems, which are used within the health industry, will be tested and implemented for critical areas such as public spaces. In addition, crew members are instructed to increase fresh air ventilation.
- Cabin crew members are required to disinfect their hands every time before entering a passenger cabin and wear face masks while working in passenger cabins.
- Items that can be shared amongst passengers (e.g. magazines, bar snacks, etc.) will not be offered until further notice.
- Passenger contact with certain, shared objects (e.g. menus, trays, etc.) will be reduced to a minimum and such items will either be disinfected or replaced if necessary.
- Information and instructions regarding social distancing, sneezing and coughing etiquette as well as correct usage of disinfection stations and personal protection equipment
will be posted in public areas.
- Cabin keys will be disinfected each time they are returned to the reception desk.
A minimum distance of 1.5 meters measured from table corner to table corner in the restaurant, as well as in the Panorama-Bar and Amadeus-Club will be adhered to. Seating will be assigned by the Maitre’d to ensure the following seating arrangements:
- Maximum of 4 Passengers per table (families are excepted from this requirement)
- Passengers accommodated in the same cabins will share a table
Face masks are not required while sitting at the table. Depending on the number of passengers onboard, we reserve the right to schedule two sittings for meals. Should this be a necessary requirement the entertainment on board will be adjusted accordingly whilst still maintaining a full programme.
The continuation of buffets, especially the breakfast buffet, will be dependent on the number of passengers onboard. In the interests of hygiene and health safety, a waiter will serve the passengers the chosen items from the buffet. A la carte items such as cooked to order eggs during breakfast are always available and will be served.
The Panorama-Bar provides a generously spacious layout enabling passengers to use the bar, with social distancing guidelines observed. During evening concerts where most guests on board would expect to be in the lounge at the same time and it is not possible to adequately social distance, two concerts may be offered. This will always be managed and handled in the appropriate manner whilst following current guidelines.
- Beverage service will be provided exclusively by the waiter. This includes the afternoon tea, which may be offered in two sittings.
- Bar snacks will be served to passengers individually instead of being shared with others.
Massage, Hairdresser, Fitness room
These services can be offered, while hygiene standards as well as health and safety guidelines must be observed. Advance reservation at the reception is required.
Shore Excursions will be organized in accordance with the local rules and regulations. These may vary depending on the country and can also differ for group sizes and maximum participation for guided tours and visits. To guarantee minimum distance requirements between participants while on excursion, the usage of wireless audio guides is mandatory.
Illness on board
If a passenger displays symptoms possibly related to COVID-19, an emergency plan specifically developed for this situation will be activated:
- The affected passenger will immediately be isolated in a designated cabin and must consent to staying isolated and avoid contact with others until the arrival of a physician and/or health authorities.
- Crew members on board who supervise this cabin will be equipped with the necessary personal protection equipment.
- Under the supervision of the AMADEUS-Health Care Officer, a preliminary diagnosis utilizing a COVID-19 rapid test will be performed.
- After initial evaluation of the test result and if required, local health authorities will be notified.
Amadeus cruises have already assembled a comprehensive health infrastructure information for each port along our itineraries to immediately arrange medical services for Passengers and Crew, if necessary. A return to the ship after possible illness detection is only allowed with a doctor’s note and certification of no illness (COVID-19).