Due to the current official regulations, passengers may only board the ship if they are able to present proof of one of the following two scenarios:
- Fully vaccinated: vaccine has to be approved by the EMA (European Medicines Agency)
- Recovery from COVID-19: passengers who have already recovered from COVID-19 are exempt from testing for 90 days after the infection has passed. Evidence includes a quarantine certificate or proof of at least 28-day, max. 180 days old positive PCR-RT test.
Proof must be presented before boarding the vessel. Exceptions are not possible. We recommend carrying the vaccination proof as digital EU COVID certificate (Digital Green Pass or QR-Code printed on paper).
Please note that in some regions other requirements might be in place in order to participate in excursions or for personal explorations. Passengers will receive more detailed information as well as the current mandatory health questionnaire with their travel documents.
Furthermore, we require all guests to present a certified negative rapid antigen test result (taken within 48 hours of boarding) OR a certified negative PRC test result (taken within 72 hours of boarding).
- The cruise line reserves the right to deny boarding and exclude certain persons from participating in the cruise if their participation would result in a conflict with operational safety.
- During the cruise, passengers will regularly be asked about their health and wellbeing.
- Access to the cruise ship will be controlled by a crew member. Passengers must show proof of their vaccination status or documentation of recovery as well as negative test result before being checked-in for the cruise. Copies or pictures of documentation are not valid. This requirement does apply to all passengers.
- All passengers will be tested with a contactless thermometer before embarking for the first time. Passengers with a body temperature of 37.5° degrees or higher will be denied boarding.
- All luggage handles will be disinfected prior to embarkation and will then be taken to the cabin by the crew.
- All passengers and crew will be required to disinfect their hands each time prior to boarding the ship.
- Any existing social distancing regulations between passengers will be required at check-in at the reception desk.
- In all cases, the relevant regulations of the local port authorities will be observed.
- Crew and passengers going ashore and returning back on board must inform Gangway Security or Reception and disinfect their hands. Additionally, crew members will provide information on the waiting area ashore.
- All persons coming on board (especially technicians, suppliers, etc.) must provide their personal information at the reception desk and disinfect their hands.
- It is currently not possible to invite guests on board.
- Hygiene and disinfection measures are carried out by the crew at regular intervals.
- Sufficient hand sanitizing points are available in all highly frequented areas of the ship (entrance, Restaurant, Panorama-Bar, Amadeus-Club, sun deck and at the entrances and exits of the crew areas). The products used are confirmed by the manufacturers as being effective against coronaviruses.
- The current EU Healthy Gateway guidelines apply for cleaning and disinfection on board.
- The air conditioning system is designed in such a way that the cabin air is discharged to the outside, thus preventing re-circulation within the vessel. Additional technical measures and disinfection measures are used for critical areas such as public spaces. In other areas, crew members are instructed to provide increased fresh air ventilation.
- Crew members access cabins only after having disinfected their hands and while wearing face masks.
- Items shared by passengers (e.g., magazines, periodicals, and bar snacks) are not permitted.
- Passenger contact with certain shared items (menus, etc.) will be minimized, and such items will be disinfected or, where necessary, replaced after each use.
- Information regarding key measures, especially social distancing, adherence to sneezing and coughing etiquette, as well as the use of disinfection stations will be posted in public areas.
- Cabin keys are disinfected each time they are returned to the reception desk.